Ohio Concealed Carry Course
Exercise your rights as provided by the United States and Ohio Constitutions.
This class is designed for those who:
- Wish to obtain their Ohio Concealed Carry License
- Desire to learn more about the rights and responsibilities of concealed carry
- Want to make sure they meet certain minimum knowledge and shooting requirements
Ohio Concealed Carry Course is based upon the requirements of the Ohio Concealed Handgun Licensing Law. The course meets and exceeds the Ohio requirements including ten hours of classroom instruction and two hours of range competency. Our instructors take a comprehensive approach to teaching the rights and responsibilities of carrying concealed.
Prospective students must have prior handgun shooting experience. If a student is not familiar with firearms, or has doubts that they may not pass either the written exam or range qualification, it is highly recommended that the student first attend either Pistol I or take a private lesson from one of our certified instructors. Cleland’s Outdoor World takes seriously its role in helping citizens exercise their constitutional rights; our instructors focus on the core competencies required in the law.
Topics that are covered include:
- Ability to name, explain and demonstrate the rules for safe handling of a gun
- Ability to demonstrate and explain how to handle ammunition in a safe manner
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to shoot handgun in a safe manner
- Range time, live-fire training and gun handling training
Student requirements to receive Certificate of Completion and Letter of Completion:
- Pass a written competency exam showing the ability to name and explain the rules for safe handling of a handgun and proper storage practices for handguns and ammunition
- Pass a physical demonstration showing competency in the use of a handgun and the rules for safe handling and storage of a handgun and a physical demonstration of the aptitude necessary to shoot a handgun in a safe manner.
Course Level: Advanced
Cost: $100 per person; range time, targets and materials provided. Students may bring their own firearm or rent from our range; ammunition available for purchase. Seats must be paid for to be reserved – seating is limited.